Monday, August 17, 2015

Week #44



August 17, 2015

Hello! 

Well this week has had its ups and downs!!! To start off the week I wasn't feeling very good, in the middle I felt great, then at the end I felt terrible again! But the work was great!! 

So of course like always we had some amazing lessons!! But we had one that we taught to the Alcala family this week that was just awesome! We taught about the priesthood and temple ordinances while incorporating it with the Plan of Salvation. It was an awesome lesson and while using Helaman 10:7 we were able to explain the role of the priesthood in temple ordinances and the eternal significance of it. Also this week I had the opportunity to read a talk titled "The Music of the Gospel" but sadly I forgot the person who gave the talk. Anyways this talk talks about dance steps and music being two separate things. If we perform the dance steps or follow the commandments but we can't hear the music/feel the holy ghost and the joy of following the commandments, eventually we will fall away. We must keep our lives tuned to the right frequency and always strive to feel the spirit in our lives. I highly recommend this talk.

Well being a district leader is still just as hard. But by far giving trainings is the worst. Every week I have to train the missionaries in my district but luckily they are all awesome and they don't judge me on my teaching skills because it's getting harder and harder to teach in English.

My area is doing awesome and progressing great!!! I am so happy for the opportunity I have to serve the people in Gandara!! Brother Velasco is still going strong and is being called as a branch missionary next week!!!

Well that's it for this week!! Thanks for all you do and I love you all!

Elder Child

Pic 1 - Brett's companion, Elder Castillo
Pic 2 - Climbing a cell tower - he told me that if he fell angels would catch him because he is a missionary.  I told him that I was going to send angels to kick some sense into him.  Crazy boy!
Pic 3 - Having a meal with the Zone leader and Brother Nikki.  Bro. Nikki is a convert who was taught the gospel by one of Brett's teachers in the MTC.  He works with the missionaries every night.  They are eating at Jollibee, which apparently they have in California and Nevada.  I love that the box says "juicylicious".




No comments:

Post a Comment