Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Week #61 - New Area & Companion

December 15, 2015

Hello!

Well this past week will be a week I probably will ever forget!! Everybody in Alang-Alang knew I would be transferring so they all prepared for it. This past Friday we had a ward home evening which they dedicated to me. They all took moments to say goodbye to me and then to end it off with a bang the closing prayer was "God be with you till we meet again". It truly was an amazing experience and I could feel the love in the room. Then this past Monday we had a family home evening at the Rapajon family's house. They prepared a song for me and it was an amazing experience. I will truly miss the Alang-Alang ward.

So I am now 14 months into my mission and I have family been assigned into an area that speaks the language stated in my call letter, Cebuano!!! I am now assigned in Albuera. It's a small little town on the side of the ocean but also really close to Ormoc City! Our apartment overlooks the ocean and it is so beautiful! My companion is Elder Villanueva and he is so awesome! I am happy to be assigned with him. He has been in the mission 18 months! It has been a long time since I have been a junior companion so I am happy for this opportunity that I have to be taught instead of teaching!

Just a quick update on Alang Alang since I have been in this area for less than 24 hours. This past Sunday we had the highest attendance that Alang-Alang has had in over a year! 160!!! It was so awesome to see so many people there.

Elder Clark and I really enjoyed our last week together! It was a sad day to split up but I know he will do awesome! I learned so much from my companionship with him!

Well that's it for this week. My spiritual thought this week comes from the story of the brother of Jared in the book of Ether. When he was commanded to build barges he encountered a large problem. They had no light to travel in. So he prayed to the Lord for help and the Lord pretty much told him to figure it out for himself! So the brother of Jared made rocks and asked the Lord to light them. The moral I get from this story is that we don't go to the Lord with questions. We try to figure it out for ourselves first and then we go to him with solutions and ask for his help!

Oh also Elder Adern of the first quorum of the Seventy came to the mission last week. He taught us as a mission and called my companion and I out of everybody to teach President and Sister Maurer in front of the entire mission. Then he evaluated us. So yeah just another fun thing.

Well thank you all for your love and support! I love you all!

Elder Child

*No pictures this week because the computer he was on had a ton of viruses.
*We will get to skype with Brett on Christmas Eve - just 9 more days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment