Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Week #83 - Elder Child turns 20!

Hello!

This week in the Philippines we do some service, a new president is elected, and I turn 20!!!!

So this past week was so tiring and we traveled a ton! Borongan is about a 3 hour drive from Tacloban but when the driver decides he wants to take his time it takes about 5 hours! So this week we had the opportunity to go on exchanges with the assistants who just both happen to be my past companions, Elder Dela Cruz and Elder Thompson. We had exchanges on my birthday! Funny thing is that a year ago I was companions with Elder Dela Cruz on my last birthday so it was cool to be able to get together with him and it brought back memories. Of course working with him was awesome too! (I worked with Elder Dela Cruz) It was cool because we worked so well together! We were both comfortable working and it made us both miss when we were companions! Sadly he will be going home at the end of this cycle...

My Birthday was awesome! We went to this delicious Texan Restaurant in Tacloban. It was the first american food I have had in forever!!! I got a delicious burger that had a real beef patty on it with real cheddar cheese! And to top it off real onion rings. It was heaven in my mouth. And the owner is from Texas so yeah.

Work was at a minimum this week due to elections, exchanges, and me getting sick. All adding up to about three days of actual work. But we made it count! Trisha is progressing incredibly. The fellowshipping we have seen from the branch is awesome! Her testimony grows all the time and it is really her pushing us to get her baptized! We also have an investigator named Nikki Rivera. He is an old guy about 45 years old. He has a lot of family that are members but has waited until now to decide to get interested in the church. We gave him a baptismal date this past week and then he came to church yesterday!!!

Sad story though. Yesterday I woke up throwing up out of both ends so I didn't get to attend church. I was supposed to give a talk also. But I'm fine now!

Borongan is progressing a lot! I love it here and I love working with the people. When it's time to go the thing I will definitely miss most is the people.

Well that's it for this week! Thank you all for your love and support! I love you all!
Elder Child

Pic 1 - exchanges with the AP's
Pic 2-3 - they were out working and came across this bamboo furniture on the side of the highway, so they sat down
Pic 4-6 - birthday lunch & package contents
Pic 7-9 - service work
Pic 10 - it was really hot in the van station



No comments:

Post a Comment