Monday, June 6, 2016

Week #86 - 600 days out!

June 6, 2016

Hello!!
This week in the Philippines someone plays a saxophone, we find lots of past investigators, and I kill someone...


Well this week was awesome! It started off by watching my last companion , Elder Ama, leave Borongan on his way home! And then I got to be companions with a branch missionary, Raffy Amboy, for 3 days until I got my companion. Then on Wednesday I got my new companion! Elder Rosit is his name and guess what! He is the cousin of Elder Dela Cruz, my follow up trainer. They also live in the same house in their hometown of Malolos, Bulacan. What a coincidence! Anyways he is awesome and such an obedient and hard working missionary and our work has been awesome thus far!


We have been so successful in our work! We have been striving to find and teach all the investigators that have somehow been lost and not taught in past cycles by missionaries! The people that we have found are so happy to see us and accept us into their homes! They have missed the missionaries and are happy to see us again! One of these families is the Vianes Family. They were found and taught about 4 months ago but the missionaries never went back until this past week! When they saw us walking up they were so happy and told us to come back always. We found out that they had been reading the Book of Mormon and the Restoration Pamphlet ever since the missionaries taught them!


Borongan is doing awesome! Sorry I won't be sending any pictures that I took before May 30th because my SD card got corrupted and the pictures were lost. Including the pictures of the baptism we had in the ocean... sad day :(


My spiritual thought this week is about the message of the Restoration. It is the message to all the world the the Gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored through the prophet Joseph Smith. That we have a living Prophet today that receives revelation to lead and guide us. That this is the Church of Jesus Christ.


That is it for this week! I love you all!
Elder Child


No comments:

Post a Comment