Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Week #103 - last mission letter

October 4, 2016

Hello!!!

This week in the Philippines it was my last week.

I have learned so much in this mission that I don't even know where to start. It has been a life changing experience and has changed me.  The time has come that it needs to come to an end and I can't quite figure out how I feel. I feel as if this isn't real and I am just going to start another transfer but I know also that I will be seeing my family this week.

Anyways everybody expects it so this will be my last letter. My last letter sent from the Philippines. I am going to miss the days of emailing from sketchy little computer shops where you aren't quite sure what you are going to get. I will miss the kindness and the love of these people. I will miss my friends. I will miss the endless hours of walking in the sun and getting rejected but then to see the Lord bless us with new investigators. I will miss eating weird foods and not knowing what exactly it is. I will/do miss my companions. Elder Estrada taught me how to see fun in everything. Elder Dela Cruz taught me how obedience truly does bring blessings. Elder Thompson taught me how to be more patient. Elder Castillo taught me to see my own faults instead of just looking at others. Elder Clark taught me how to always have a smile. Elder Villanueva taught me how to have more fun while I am walking! Elder Brimhall taught me how to draw (kind of). Elder Ama taught me how to talk to people and gain others trust. Elder Rosit taught me how to chop open a coconut using a machete. Elder Tanginoa taught me how to be more humble. And Elder Antrone taught me how to budget my money. I will miss all these people and things but the reason I will miss this mission and the Philippines the most is because this has become my home. These people are my family and friends and I love them so much. I have learned so much from all of them and I am so so happy for the time I have had to serve them. The Lord has truly softened my heart and taught me to love.

My mission is over and I don't know where it went. I want to do it again and again. It has changed me. I testify that change is real and it is possible through the Atonement of our Savior, Jesus Christ. Through him all things are possible. I know that God is our Heavenly Father and He loves us beyond our ability to comprehend. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. Through reading, pondering, and applying the teachings in that book we will come closer to our Savior Jesus Christ. I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the only true church upon the face of this earth and we have a living prophet on the Earth today and his name is Thomas S. Monson. I love this work and I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

See you all in a couple days.

Elder Child

No comments:

Post a Comment