Saturday, November 15, 2014

Week #5 - Winter is here

Family and friends,



Well first of all before I forget I had a great experience last Wednesday (the 5th). I had the opportunity to host new missionaries coming to the MTC and I go to host one international missionary and guess who it was!!! It turned out to be my roommate from EFY 3 years ago from England!!! It was so awesome to be able to see him again and catch up! Sadly I didn't get any pictures. Winter is also here though! It snowed yesterday and it was the most priceless thing to see all the islanders faces when they saw the snow. All of them were asking for pictures and insisting all day for snow ball fights. Man those guys can throw! So this week I have really made it my goal to study the whole hour of language study that I get every day and I have seen my progress shoot way up! It's crazy. Also last night me and my companions had the opportunity to skype a native Cebuano speaker and it made me realize how far I still have to go! Basta, I also want to share my missionary purpose sa Cebuano! Pangimbitar sa uban sa pagdual ngadto kang kristo pinaagi sa pagtabang kanila nga makadawat sa gipahiuli ang ebanghelyo sa pagbaton ug hugot nga  pagtuo kang JesuKristo og sa iyang pag-ula, paghinulsol, pagpabunyag, pagdawat sa gasa sa Espiritu Santo, ug paglahutay hangtud sa katapusan. Also For my missionary plaque I would like to use the scripture D&C 138:56. I'm happy to see that Sadie is coming along good! I can't wait to see her when I come back! It's crazy to think that in two weeks I will be half the world away from all of you! Are you still coming to pick me up at the end of my mission? I've also had the opportunity to go to the temple every week and that has really helped in my spiritual growth! I've heard from all of my teachers that it isn't a good idea to use your quad scriptures on your mission because they swell up really big. So i bought just a Book of Mormon since they said that's all you need! Well kita kits! Amping!

Love, 
Elder Child


No comments:

Post a Comment