Monday, December 15, 2014

Week #9

December 14, 2014

Hello!

Well I am alive! It was great having a typhoon three days after I arrived in Tacloban! But I'm fine! I will include some pictures. So I got my first companion! He's a pretty cool guy and helps a lot in the day to day stuff that I struggle with! The people in my area are awesome!!! I got assigned to the Talosa Zone for my first area and it's so cool. I have also now accepted that I am going to live in a sauna for the next two years of my life so I have gotten over that portion of my stay. I was trying to be able to get to the internet cafe earlier today so I could email while you were still awake but I got hung up doing laundry... Hand washing is hard! haha I'll have to show you how to do it when I get back! The kids are so funny in my area! Any kid over the age of 5 loves me! But any kid under the age of five is deathly afraid of me. The typhoon was cool! It wasn't as bad as we all thought it would be considering how big it was and it was category 4! Some trees still got ripped out of the ground and houses got destroyed though. It's awesome finally being out in the field! I finally get to teach real people and know what its really like. Elder Woolston (my companion from the mtc) is in my district. Basta, I don't know if I am going to lose weight on my mission! All the Philippinos seem to think that because I am american I need to be fed at all times! Joke lang! Even though they feed me a ton I am already slimming down! So that makes me happy! Also mom what about those packages you sent? I haven't gotten them yet. Well If you are still awake email me back! I love you all!

Elder Child


Brett with his new companion, Elder Estrada.  He says that this is what 75% of his area looks like.
Here they are on a motorcycle.  He said there were actually 5 of them on this motorcycle being taken to an appointment.
This is the barbed wire around the apartment where he stayed during the typhoon.  I didn't ask why.


No comments:

Post a Comment