Monday, July 20, 2015

Week #39 - Transfers & New District Leader

July 12, 2015

Hello!!

Well this past week has just been full of surprises!! To start off with I got a new companion!! His name is Elder Castillo and he is a pretty cool cat! He is Filipino and is my junior batch (he entered the mission in January). He is really easy to get along with but the only problem is he can't speak English to save his life. Or Waray. Just Tagalog. So that's a challenge. 

Anyways this past week has been really fun as it always is when you get a new companion. We have had lots of good experiences and a lot of good lessons! Again we had an amazing attendance at church so that was awesome!! We had 9 of our investigators come to church so it was awesome to see them!! It makes me so happy to see the people I care about so much come to church! It's a lot of hard work every single week to get them to church on Sunday and it's so gratifying to see the rewards of your labors! One of my most favorite lessons to teach is the Restoration because I feel the spirit no matter what every time!! 

So the biggest surprise this week. I am a district leader now. This is probably the most stressful thing that has happened to me on my mission. I now have to do follow up calls (the worst, most awkward thing), give trainings every week, and perform baptismal interviews. It's hard too because anything that happens in your district is your responsibility and you are accountable for it. I'm stressed. But all I can do is pray. It also has been one of the times on my mission I have received the most revelation. I am constantly thinking about what I can do to serve and lift up my district and I am always receiving answers. It's so great!! 

My spiritual thought this week actually comes from a talk titled "Converted Unto the Lord" by David A. Bednar. Read it...

Well that's it for this week! Thank you for all your love and support!!

Elder Child

Lots of great pictures this week!
#1 - we sent a box for Brett and one for his companion.  They arrived the day of transfers so Brett was able to give it to his new companion.
#2-3 - his district on another biking activity - he really enjoys that!
#4 - with some friends at a birthday party
#5 - taking a refreshing swim 
#6 - got his new scriptures in the mail
#7 - a picture of him in action.  He is teaching an investigator, sitting on their bamboo floor
#8 - a picture of the transfer meeting









No comments:

Post a Comment