Monday, October 12, 2015

Week #52

October 12, 2015

Hello!! 

Well this week has been a little bit harder than last week! We had no luck with finding and everyone we talked to pretty much told us that they are Catholic and they don't want to listen to us. Kind of disappointing. Oh well! On the bright side we now have 3 investigators with a baptismal date and they are so awesome!

Our first two investigators with a baptismal date are two girls. The mom is the sister of the wife of the first counselor in the bishopric. Before we started teaching them they belonged to Iglesia ni Cristo. But now that they have found the truth they have been coming to church!! Sadly the daughter only speaks Tagalog so I have been practicing my Tagalog skills when we teach them! Talk about a headache! Anyways the third IBD that we have is amazing! His name is Ryan Morfe and he is married to the daughter of the first counselor in the branch presidency! Sadly he only has a 5th grade education so we have had to start helping read the Book of Mormon which is in Tagalog. It's hard being here in the "Tower of Babel" mission!

General Conference was so amazing this time! There were so many amazing messages and I am happy I had the opportunity to watch! I liked the three central themes: discipleship, family, and setting an example. The Second Coming is close. The two talks I think I liked most were President Uchtdorf's talk and Elder Bednar's talk. Are we making discipleship to complicated? This is a good question that we can all ask ourselves. Also I liked what Elder Bednar did at the end when he quoted all the deceased general authorities. The spirit was so strong this General Conference and I know I will be reviewing those talks over and over again. The one thing that was hard though was seeing President Monson so weak. Let's all keep him in our prayers.

Elder Clark is still doing amazing! He is progressing way faster than I did in my training! Probably cause I am just an amazing trainer! haha joke lang. Basta, he is coming along great and I know that if continues to work as hard as he has been he will be great! 

Well that's it for this week! I love you all!

Elder Child

*Pic 1 & 4 - at an ex-branch presidents home.  He is really into planes.
*Pic 3 - a pig that he said was made into "something delicious"
*Pic 6 - hiking through the wilderness to get to the Cuista family home







No comments:

Post a Comment