Sunday, March 13, 2016

Week #74 - transferred to Hilongos

March 13, 2016
Hello!!

This week in the Philippines I get transferred, I finally get to live in a house with more elders than just me and my companion, and I TAKE A HOT SHOWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First I would like to start with the most important. I took a shower for the first time since November 27th, 2014. The apartment I am living in has a hot water heater thing attached to the shower hose. Sadly it only has three settings... luke warm, a little less than decent, and then raging hot lava. So it's hard to get the full experience but it's ok!

Oh yeah I got transferred!! I am now in Hilongos area, Maasin zone. The language has changed a little too! It's still Cebuano but they decided to add a little twist to it. Here in southern Leyte they replace all the Ys in the language to J. So it makes it a little more fun! My new companion is Elder Brimhall! He is the best and he is so funny! He is from Virginia and we have been friends since that typhoon hit us in December 2014. Anyways Hilongos is the best! The members are so kind here and we have been rockin' it up here. We are in a small branch so of course yesterday I had to give a talk in sacrament meeting...


So something super awesome happened to us on my first day and even within the first 3 hours here in Hilongos! We had a lunch appointment at a members house. For our thing that we ate with rice we had something called ginamos! Just look it up on google! Basta then there happened to be some students eating there too because one of the members invited all of them to eat before they went back to school. There was one of them named Mariel. Turns out she has been super interested in the church for a very long time but every time she asked her friend questions she never got an answer. Anyways when she saw us she started bombarding us with questions. We got them all answered and then shared with her the message of the Restoration of the Gospel. It was an amazing lesson and the spirit was so strong. She started crying at the end when she thanked us for sharing with her and she expressed how happy she was that she had found us!


Sadly I never had the opportunity to see brother Dino baptized. But I heard it was successful.

Well this week I started the Book of Mosiah in my scripture study! I would like to share from Mosiah 2:21. I like the message that king Benjamin put across here. In essence he explained how much the Lord has done for us. So much that we cannot repay him for what he has done because it is not within our power. He explains that even if we serve with everything we have for our entire lives we would still be "unprofitable servants".

Well that's it for this week! Thank you for everything and I love you all!!

Elder Child

*He says his new area is "pretty fancy, with lots of rich people"
Pic 1 - playing basketball this morning
Pic 2 - "a weird monkey thing we found"



No comments:

Post a Comment