Sunday, March 20, 2016

Week #75

March 21, 2016
Hello!!

This week in the Philippines we had 0 money for 5 days and happened to survive, it was really hot, and I freeze to death.

So this week was trials upon trials. First we had no money so that means we had no food!!! Not good for a missionary. Or anyone... But thanks to the kindness of the members we were fed and nourished and blessed. Honestly I think missionaries are the only teenagers on the planet that can get invited to eating appointments for every meal. I love being a missionary!! Free food!

So here in Hilongos it's pretty much an oven. During the day I feel like I am going to melt into the scorching hot pavement. But during the night it is freezing cold! Like I have to layer on clothes during the night because I freeze. It's so amazing and I will probably never get to enjoy this luxury again until I get back to the states so I am enjoying it while I can!

Work was a little difficult this week! We went all out in everything and we were met with very little success. Everyone just seems to be busy. But we kept going and we learned that a good attitude changes everything! That despite getting punted all day and getting rejected, if we kept a good attitude the work would be way more fun! It's kind of weird though that on a mission you can go home at night exhausted and barely being able to stand after an entire day of getting rejected and still feel successful and content. We feel this way because we have done all we can and God knows it too. 

So we just found out that Elder Brimhall and I are related! His grandma, Ivy LaPriel Brimhall, is related to Fannie Burnett Child, Arvil Child, and Keith Child!

My spiritual thought comes from King Benjamin's address to his people in the book of Mosiah. In chapter 4 verse 19, King Benjamin asks two questions that I really like and that I have continually pondered over. He asks, "For behold, are we not all beggars? Do we not all depend upon the same Being, even God, for all the substance which we have, for food and raiment, and for gold, and for silver, and for all the riches which we have of every kind?". At this time King Benjamin was giving a discourse on giving to the poor and needy. Of course we as people all depend upon God for everything that we have. For what is substance if there is no God? He has created everything and has the power to take everything away. We truly are beggars and he suffers our pleas every day. He loves us so much that we cannot comprehend it. Let us show our love for God by helping others that stand in need.

Well that's it folks! Thank you all so much for the love and support!

Elder Child

Pics 1-3 - they enjoyed a "massive FHE last night"
Pic 4 - Elder Brimhall, Brett & a boy from the FHE
Pic 5 - "We visited the statue of liberty this week.  It's currently under renovation and they painted it white"
Pic 6 - Brett and his companion, Elder Brimhall


No comments:

Post a Comment