Monday, August 22, 2016

Week #97 - one more trasfer to go!

August 22, 2016

Hello!

This week in the Philippines families are found, sicknesses occur, and I find out I am going to be a grandpa!

So yes it just so happens that we found out this past week that my son, Elder Clark, will be training this cycle so that means I will be a grandpa!!! It's so great to see my posterity grow!! And even better is that we will be staying in the same zone!!!

So outcome of this past transfers. I will be staying in Borongan for my last transfer in the mission! That makes a total of 4 cycles here but I gotta say that I am loving it! Borongan has been such a huge blessing to me and I have learned so much here!! I am looking forward to spending my last cycle here and continually serving the people here! My new companion is Elder Antrone who just so happens to be my batch!! Sadly he isn't here right now and he will arrive tomorrow! I am currently companions with a branch missionary and we had a super fun morning of cleaning!! 

This past week we were finding and we decided to "maupay" a house that looked like it had nobody in it. It was a fairly big house compared to the rest of the houses on the street. Anyways when we "maupay"ed the house a very nice woman named Lizel came running out and talked to us. She was very happy to talk and immediately invited us to share. Sadly her husband was sleeping so we didn't get to teach but we rescheduled an appointment! When we went back they both sat down and said that they had been waiting! It was such a good lesson and the spirit was so strong. They shared to us of how they want to raise their kids in a Christ centered home and how this is what they were looking for.

So Elder Tanginoa left this morning to go to Tacloban! He will be leaving on Wednesday to go home. It really hit me watching him get in the van this morning that I will be doing the same exact thing in 6 weeks. It's all been so fast and wish it would go by slower. I have enjoyed my mission so much up until this point and don't know why it has to end so soon! This means that I have 6 weeks left to serve as a representative of Jesus Christ. I"m not going to be slacking off anytime soon! 

Well that's it for this past week! Thanks for all the love and support!

Elder Child

No comments:

Post a Comment