Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Weeks #94-95

August 8, 2016


Hello!! (first three paragraphs were written before the black out last week)

Last week in the Philippines baptisms happened, parties were thrown, and I decide I want to learn how to dance!So this past week was quite memorable!! To start off with we had a baptism on Saturday!! Brother Nikki Rivera was baptized and then confirmed on Sunday! It was such an amazing experience and the spirit was so strong during the service! The sisters that are also assigned here in Borongan also had some baptisms so it was a good experience! To this day I still sometimes struggle to pronounce peoples names when I am baptizing them!! But it all went ok! Sadly our other investigator, Martin Baguinon, couldn't be baptized for other reasons but he will be interviewed be President Maurer this coming Saturday and then will be baptized on August 13th! He is so excited and can't wait!

So there are 2 people leaving to go on missions from Borongan! On Saturday night the branch held a going away party for them then of course we had a giant feast! Sadly the future elder didn't show up... just the sister! But oh well! It was still a fun time considering that the youth had a dance off! Also last Monday we had 2 FHEs that we had to go to so our schedule was kinda hectic! But we had an awesome time and came home that night quite full and ready to sleep!!

This week in the Philippines more baptisms happen, lots of meetings, and I realize that I am living with a hermit.
Yes all that is true! This week was full of traveling and lots of meeting that made me very very happy that I haven't yet or ever will be assigned in the office because meetings are so boring!!! But I learned a lot so that was good!

More baptisms in Borongan! I've gotta admit that sisters are amazing at missionary work! Don't know what we would do without them! They had 2 baptisms this past week and I got to baptize one of them! It was a good service and President Maurer himself decided to attend! 

Yes it is true. I am living with a hermit. He likes to be alone upstairs and absolutely refuses to sleep in the same room. He kinda has his own little nest up there!! He really doesn't talk either and only comes downstairs for companionship study, bathroom brakes, to take a shower, and to go out to work. It's a lonely life but ill survive! He has been like this his entire mission so it's nothing new I guess.

I am very very tired at the moment. I just got over being sick again and we have been traveling a lot but the work is amazing! Martin Baguinon will be getting baptized this coming Saturday and he is so excited! He is ready to be baptized and still going strong!

Our other investigators are doing fantastic! We are working hard and seeing so many blessings here in Borongan! Basta that's it! Thanks for the love and support!

Elder Child

"My batch all combined at ZL & DL training. Actually there were some missing...
 Brother Rivera's baptism:
 Companions:
 "we went on exchanges and this crazy tatay decided to lay down on my companions lap"
 District lunch:
 "a little girl I got to baptize for the sisters"
 "another investigator I got to baptize for the sisters"
 lunch:
 "yes, that's a bandaid on my forehead.  I had a very large pimple"
 MLC:
 Past companions:


No comments:

Post a Comment