Monday, January 4, 2016

Week #64 - Happy New Year 2016

January 3, 2016


Hello!!

Well sorry for emailing so late!! My companion and I decided  to try something new this week! So we worked in the morning so we could email and also play basketball at night when it wasn't so hot! So here I am!!

This week was awesome! Due to our recent efforts with less actives here we had two less active FAMILIES come to church yesterday!!!!! It made us so happy to see them there and enjoying their time at church. Something we have seen that really helps is the conversion of investigators and reactivation of less actives is fellowshipping! People want to feel loved! It has really helped in our work and I am excited to see how it will continually help.

This week we have a baptism! Marvin Arquino. Marvin is awesome and he is excited to be baptized!

This area is really turning around for us now! Due to diligence and hard work we are starting to see success in our work and blessings from the Lord. We have started getting more referrals and members are helping a lot more now that they have seen that we are serious about our work! I am so grateful for this time I have to serve in Albuera, not only to learn Cebuano, but to meet all these amazing people.

One lesson I would like to talk about this week was to a less active young man who's name is Juan Tutor. Juan was offended so naturally we taught him about Faith and how it hinges on the Book of Mormon. It was an amazing lesson and the spirit was so strong. By the end of the lesson he was crying a little and he asked us a simple question, "Why do missionaries love to help people?" It truly helped me to remember my purpose out here in the field and what I need to be doing at all times. Brothers and sisters, I truly know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is true. Like Lehi in his vision of the Tree of Life I "partook of the fruit" and "it filled my soul with exceedingly great joy" so I am "desirous that my family should partake of it also; for I knew that it was desirable above all other fruit". The fruit of the Gospel has brought true happiness into my life and I know that it can bring happiness to all men!

Well that's it for this week! We are seeing so many blessings and we can truly see the Lord's hand in our work! Thank you for all your love and support!

Elder Child

*Brett couldn't send pictures this week because he forgot to take his SD card to the internet cafe.
*Elder Fransisco sent a thank you picture.  When Brett was his district leader he clued us into a specific need that Elder Fransisco had and we were honored to fill that need at Christmas.  We have received a few emails expressing gratitude also that have been heartwarming

No comments:

Post a Comment