Monday, January 11, 2016

Week #65

January 10, 2016

Hello!!!!

This week in Albuera we had a baptism, I realized that I have a crazy tan line on my neck, and I started exercising again!

So this week was hard. It was seriously one of the hottest weeks I have had on my mission and we didn't look very dignified as sweaty, wet messes! But we persevered and we were met with blessings! 

One of these blessing came yesterday at church! Actually there was a lot of blessings we saw at church. The first is that a new member was added to the church yesterday as he was confirmed. Also we were blessed as we saw not one, not two, but three less active families show up at church yesterday! They were so happy to be there and I know that it was a good experience for them! 

Recently the General Authorities of the church have been placing a greater emphasis on keeping the Sabbath day holy. Mark 2:27 tells us that "The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath." Imagine giving your friend 7 delicious cookies and then asking for one in return and he refuses you. The sabbath is a sacred day given to us by the Lord to rest from our labors of six days. As a missionary I have seen an abundance of blessings from keeping this commandment and I can promise you that as we strive to keep this commandment the Lord will bless us. Just a funny experience that we had teaching about the Sabbath day. We were teaching a less active and we asked him, "How many hours is the Sabbath day?" He then answered us confidently saying "3 hours"!

Basta back to the work!! We struggled a lot in the work this week but we still conquered satan's thwarting! This week we saw an amazing change in some of our investigators Marvin, Beth, Evely, Danica, and Bambi. When we started teaching them they could not concentrate at all! But this past week we saw a sudden change. They became very active in the lessons and were very receptive! 

One spiritual experience I had this week was yesterday when we were teaching a less active. We were teaching obedience and the importance of following the commandments and enduring. During the lesson we were inspired to ask a simple question, "Why does God give us commandments?". It took them a while to answer but when they finally did their answer really opened my eyes. They said "to remember him". When I thought about it before answering I realized that his answer was right. When we follow the commandments we remember the Lord and his goodness. We remember the sacrifice of our Lord Jesus Christ. And we draw closer to Him. The spirit was so strong and I definitely grew in my testimony of the Gospel and of God's love for us.

Well that's it for this week! I love you all and thank you for all your love and support!
Elder Child

Baptism:


 Teaching caribou:

A gecko that interrupted one of their lessons:

Posers:

At a resort with the district for P-Day:


A Fish Spa (where the fish eat all of the dead skin off of your feet)


Lizards running around everywhere:

The Nanay (grandma):







Saw a trampoline, had to jump!


No comments:

Post a Comment