Monday, January 25, 2016

Week #67

January 25, 2017

Hello!!

This week was awesome! We had so much fun with the work and had lots of opportunities to bond with the members. Also good news! Neither of us are transferring so we both have another transfer to serve here in Albuera!

Well to start off with I am gaining weight again! I need to. Last week when I got sick I lost about 20 pounds and I looked like a scarecrow walking around! But now I look better! The members responded really well and fed me lots of fattening foods! Maybe a little to fattening... But it's good and we are going to start going to the gym so both me and my companion can lose weight! He really has a gut but he is so proud of it!

The work was awesome and we had a lot of success this week! As I've said before this area is really difficult for finding but we found a new investigator on Friday! He is some old tatay that just lives by himself and is so devoted to Catholic it's crazy. But we will baptize him. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is true!!!!!

Our less actives had a great response this past week in coming to church but sadly the active members decided it was to hard to attend! Gotta keep going!

So this week we saw another improvement in Marvin and Charlybeth!! They have prayed to know and know that Joseph Smith is a true prophet! This week they actually requested longer lessons so they can learn more! Also yesterday they came to church and they enjoyed it a lot. They already have lots of friends and they said they liked it a lot.

What is the atonement? I have done quite a lot of studying on it this past week and realized I need to do more. The atonement is essential in Heavenly Father's plan for us. If there was no atonement the Plan of Salvation is useless. We are promised that as we learn more of the atonement we will grow closer to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and our desire to share the gospel will increase. I encourage you all to study about it!
Well that's it for this week! Thanks for all your love and support!
Elder Child
Picture descriptions from Brett:
Pic 1 - "I taught a cow"
Pic 2 - "we are just gwapo"
Pic 3 - "a giant hermit crab"
Pic 4 - "This morning we visited a member in the hospital. They currently don't know what's wrong with her. She has been there for 3 days..."Pic 5 - "I am Moroni"

No comments:

Post a Comment