Sunday, January 17, 2016

Week #66

January 17, 2016


This week I ate mini squids, had some amazing realizations, and got really really sick! (no relation to the squids)

So this week also was very very hot. I think that even the weather has turned against us! My companion told me that every one of his journal entries begins with "today it was hot". Anyways despite the heat we still happened to pull through!

I'll start off with a bad experience. There is a less active member in this area who has become a member of Seventh Day Adventist. This week we went to teach him the Book of Mormon and it turned into a full on bible bash. There was no spirit and he wouldn't listen to any of our answers. We just stood up and walked out. Not good. Lesson learned. Bible bashing is not good and the spirit will not be present.

Anyways let's get to the good stuff!! This week we had 3 investigators at church! Sadly 2 of them showed up with only 30 minutes left of church but at least they came!! We have seen so much progression in the 2 it's crazy! Their names are Marvin and Charlybeth. They are live in partners who can't get married at the present time because Marvin is only 17 years old. But they are so awesome! They keep commitments and have prayed to know and have received an answer through the Holy Ghost. Here in the mission my testimony has really increased about prayer and the Holy Ghost. Prayer is everything in conversion even for those of us that are already members of the church. Through prayer we converse with our Heavenly Father. Think about how great a gift that is. Our father in heaven loves us so much that he has provided a way for us to communicate with him whenever we need to. It truly is a blessing. 2 Nephi 32:8-9

So starting Saturday I got really sick up until now. 80% of my time starting Saturday morning has been spent in the bathroom. The other 20% has been spent on my bed. I have had diarrhea, insane stomach cramps, and I've been throwing up. This morning it kind of let up so I am now emailing! Anyways that's my life.

This week I was reading in the book of Genesis chapter 3. As I was reading the curse the God placed on Satan I decided to look up the meaning of this curse. In verse 15 it talks of the seed of Eden having power to crush the head of satan but satan having the power to bruise the heel. Satan had the power to bruise the heel of Jesus Christ when he influenced others to crucify him. But through the atonement Christ now has the power to crush Satan and his kingdom.

Anyways that's it for this week! Thank you for all your love and support!

Elder Child 

in his current area of Albuera
"so there is a story behind this. We got a referral to a barrangay where the local drug lord lives. Albert (ward missionary) came to work with us and he was scared to death because there have been people that have been killed there. Anyways this is on the way out and he was happy to be alive"

his new favorite treat
having a little snack with some youth
eating some baby squid - even his companion thinks he's crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment