Monday, February 15, 2016

Week #70

February 15, 2016

Hello!

Well this week in Albuera I got an amoeba, lost 10 pounds, and went to a birthday party for a 3 year old girl!!

Well this week I got sick. Like really sick. I caught an amoeba. I'm not quite sure what that is because I forgot everything I learned in Biology. All I know is that it gave me crazy bathroom issues and I couldn't eat anything. Literally nothing because every time I ate I would just throw it up. So we had very little work this week. But I'm ok now! I'm currently on antibacterial drugs and recovering. We are planning on playing basketball later!

So the work, despite how little it was this week was awesome! We saw some awesome blessing in our finding efforts! We had 3 new investigators this week! An elderly couple that we found and a referral from the Bishop here in Albuera. But first the elderly couple! We went out finding on Thursday (our first day of work this past week) and we found Feliciano and Edita Montalban. As we were walking by we saw brother trying to hide from us so of course we decided to try and talk to him! Turns out he was a little shy of the massive american that was walking by. Anyways when we tried talking to him he warmly welcomed us in and was happy to talk to us. Him and his wife were so receptive and they said we could come back anytime! And then on Saturday (our second day of work because I started throwing up again on Friday) We contacted a referral from the bishop here in Albuera. Her name is Grace and she is awesome! She has some amazing knowledge in doctrines and it was so awesome to be able to teach her! The spirit was so strong and I could feel it testifying to me of the truthfulness of the Gospel.

Change. Life is about change and I am happy to say that it is a part of my life right now. Change is the reason we are here on earth. Change is in everything. History, life style, fashion, speech. We see and experience it every day. But do we ever truly realize the importance of it? Our Heavenly Father's plan is centered on change. If we do not change here on earth we cannot progress and become that person that our Father in Heaven needs us to become. Jesus Christ came to earth so that we would have the opportunity to change. He suffered for us and atoned for our sins so that we can change. I testify of the power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I can feel the effects of it in my life and I draw comfort from it every day. 

I thank you all for your love and support! Let us all continue to press forward!

Elder Child

*No pictures again this week because his SD card got wiped clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment