Monday, April 11, 2016

Week #78

April 11, 2016

Hello!This week in the Philippines we watch general conference, heat goes to higher extremes, and we see blessings.

So I really think the weather is against us! As we strive to work harder and harder the heat just seems to go up. There has got to be some scripture somewhere that says that satan has power over the sun. But of course, and I know I say this always, we continued to press on!

So this week we saw an amazing blessing that came out of nowhere!! It was the end of a long hot day and we were ready to just give up because we had been punted all day. But we both decided that we would go and visit a less active that really is never home! So we went and amazingly he was there! It was an amazing lesson and the spirit was felt. And then as we were about to leave his wife pulls up in a put-pot and introduces us to a guy that she had been riding with who turned out to be a less active also all the way from Mindanao! So we asked if we could visit him real quick and share a message and when we showed up at his apartment he introduced us to his two roommates! So we shared the message of the restoration and the spirit was so strong and we got invited to come back and share again! Then best of all they fed us dinner :) It just really strengthened my testimony that after we have done all that we can, the Lord will make up the rest.

So this week was our district leaders birthday who just happens to be our roommate. So Elder Fakava and I decided, with some members, to throw a surprise party for him! It was awesome and Elder Basay enjoyed it a lot!

I just have a thought that I would like to share from general conference. It comes in the form of a question that Sister Bonnie Oscarson asked us all. Do you believe it? This question really hit me as a missionary in particular. Yes I do know the doctrine. I do know what I need to do. I do know that Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. But do I believe it? It didn't take me very long to really evaluate myself and come to the conclusion that yes I do believe it and that is why I am where I am. I thought it was interesting that the first few talks were centered on the Holy Ghost. Let us all strive to really receive a witness from the Holy Ghost that this is true. So we can really believe it and not just know it. 

Well that's it for this week! We are still going strong and are sad that this will be our last week together as a companionship! Thanks for everything!

Elder Child


No comments:

Post a Comment