Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Week #20

March 1, 2015

Maupay na aga!!

First off thanks for sending me an update on the week... Anyways this past week has been awesome with my new companion! We have been going hard. I'm sad to say that I now know the difference between an obedient missionary and a disobedient missionary. I am learning things from Elder Dela Cruz that I should have learned in my first twelve weeks with Elder Estrada. It's driving me crazy that I was doing a lot of stuff wrong and I didn't even know about it. Anyways, my companion is the district leader for this transfer and he absolutely hates it! I don't think i ever want to be a DL, ZL, or AP. I just want to be a normal missionary the entire time cause it's more fun! Also benefits of being the companion of the DL I get to know all the problems of the district! There is currently a companionship where one of the elders is absolutely terrified of his companion. Like to the point that he doesn't want to go to sleep at night. I can understand that because his companion is a complete weirdo! Anyways we have received reports that his companion yells at him and threatens to beat him. And guess what! I get to go on exchanges this Friday with the crazy one. The zone leaders made the decision for that because I am the biggest in the entire district and they think I can make him stop. Hopefully I don't die... If it doesn't stop we have to report to the mission president. I love the mission! Anyways this week was super fun! We worked with the members a lot and my companion is saying that the BM's are good here but he needs to talk to our branch president because there is absolutely no structure to our branch! Anyways the language is coming to me even faster now because my companion can't speak Waray Waray and I am actually included in the lessons! Also sad news. We were supposed to have 4 baptisms this past saturday but we only had one. There is something else I also didn't know. There is an 18 year old rule. Karuyag sidgnon, either the investigator needs to be 18 years or older or they need to have a fully active parent or they need to attend church regularly for 3 to 4 months! So sad. Well that's it for this week! I love you!

Elder Child





No comments:

Post a Comment