Thursday, March 12, 2015

Week #21

March 8, 2015

Hello!

Well, looks like lots of things are happening back home! Nothing new here! Just lots of rain and scorching heat. And I accidentally left my umbrella on a jeepney so now I have to buy a new one :/ You are going to be angry at me because I didn't take very many pictures this week. In fact I think I took like 3. Anyways about my week! This week was a hard and difficult time. We had no members to work with because they all went on a temple trip to Cebu this week. Also we had absolutely no lessons on Tuesday because we got punted by everybody. And then to end the day off some guy tried bible bashing with us to prove that the LDS church is false. I can honestly say he walked away from that a little humbled. It didn't help that we weren't in a good mood either due to no lessons. Basta, about my exchanges... They went fine! In fact last Monday President Maurer had an interview with the kid and he is fine now! Turns out he even had his own phone and he was texting girls from his previous areas. But yeah he is cool now. He just would never stop talking. Even when I was trying to go to bed. Basta it was ok! Oh Thursday! On Thursday we worked in Canmogsay and we had two LA lessons! The first one went great and all. The second not so great. We planned to teach them on the 10 commandments and the lesson went great! We were teaching the kids because the nanay decided she didn't want to listen. Anyways it was the very end of the lesson and we were committing all the kids to church and all but one said yes. And as we were trying to convince the last kid, the nanay showed up. She started arguing with us and telling us that they had agency. So we shared 2 Nephi 2:27 and quoted a scripture from the bible "with greater light comes greater condemnation" Then we closed and left. They didn't come to church. But oh well they have agency. Also I've noticed as the days go by it's way easier to get along with your companion when he is obedient!!! It's great! Anyways that's it! I love you all and thank you for your love and support! Oh and mom just forward the questions I asked you to Grumpa! I love you!

Elder Child



No comments:

Post a Comment