Sunday, September 20, 2015

Week #49

September 21, 2015

Hello!!

Well this was definitely the happiest week of this entire transfer!! I got a new companion for a week. His name is Elder Simona and he is from Samoa. I met him in the MTC and he was in my zone.

So this week is transfer week. Me and my companion are both transferring and I will miss this area so so much :( I just received a call from the mission president as I was typing this and I will be training a new missionary in a new area. So that's pretty exciting!!

This week was good and we had a lot of success in the work. Our sacrament attendance shot up like crazy this past week and I was so happy to see our meeting house bursting with an outstanding 50 people!! My comp is an amazing teacher and he has really been backing me up in lessons which is a change from a few weeks ago! I'm thankful for the short amount of time I have had to serve with him and I have learned a lot. But bad news. We will have to extend the baptismal date for the Alcala family because they are not yet ready to be baptized sadly. Hopefully the next missionaries can work on that!

The branch is very sad that I will be transferring. I have been here for 4 months and everyone here is like family. I will miss this are a lot and I hope I have the opportunity to return here again. Today we have about 17 dinner appointments so let's hope I can walk by the end of the day.

Well that's pretty much it for the week! My spiritual thought comes from the sermon of King Benjamin again. In Mosiah 2:22 we can learn that all God requires of us is to keep his commandments and if we do this we will be blessed and prosper.

I love you all!!!

Love,
Elder Child

Notes: 
*He will be transferring to a new area on Thursday and will be training a new missionary for the next 12 weeks.  I asked if he would get to speak the same language and he joked that the missionaries there call that mission the "Tower of Babel Mission."  President Maurer told him that he would continue speaking Waray Waray so that is a relief.
*Pic 1 - from last weeks district activity hiking and eating coconuts
*Pic 2 - With Elder Castillo in the hospital.  Brett was there for three days with him and made a bed out of those two chairs.  He said they were happy to be in a ward there that had air conditioning.
*Pics 3-6 - With his new companion, Elder Simona.  Picture 4 is a plate of adobo ng baboy, basically pig.  Brett said he cooked that meal and it was basically a plate of fat that was "so so good."

*Pic 7 - Combined zone conference last week.  You can see Brett on the end of the left side.









No comments:

Post a Comment